University of California – Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA
Juris Doctorate, 1980, Order of the Coif
Pacific Union College – Angwin, CA
B.S., 1977, Magna cum Laude
Major: Business Administration (Accounting Emphasis)
- “AV Preeminent” Rating ( the highest rating) from Martindale-Hubbell (the leading information services company for the legal profession)
- “Top Lawyers in the I.E”. – The Inland Empire Magazine 2012 - 2019
- Highest Rating of "10" from AVVO.com, a leading attorney directory
- Order of the Coif – UCLA Chapter (Top 10% of Graduating Law Class)
- American Jurisprudence Award: Remedies (Top of Class)
- American Jurisprudence Award: Civil Procedure
- American Jurisprudence Award: Labor Law
Pacific Union College
- Magna cum Laude – Pacific Union College (3.9 GPA)
- Wall Street Journal Award: Outstanding Senior Business Major: 1977
Areas of William F. Ziprick's ("WFZ") experience over the past decades in the legal field include negotiating, structuring and preparing documentation for numerous multi-million dollar transactions (with several in excess of $100 million), as well as many smaller transactions, including:
- Strategic affiliations, acquisitions and sales, including extensive due diligence
- Real estate acquisitions and leases
- Sophisticated equipment purchase contracts
- Complex contract negotiations and preparation
- Numerous financing transactions, collectively in the tens of millions of dollars
WFZ’s experience also includes serving as a Co-Owner, General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer for a successful west coast real estate development/senior housing company and numerous affiliates, where his responsibilities included:
- Overseeing and directing the overall financial plans, operating and capital budgets, and all legal issues for the company and affiliates.
- Managing relationships with numerous lending institutions (including HUD & national and regional lending institutions), which included construction and permanent financing in excess of $70 million in the aggregate.
- Successfully negotiating and closing the sale of 12 senior living facilities along the west coast, which involved simultaneously obtaining the required approvals from numerous lenders and state regulatory agencies.
- Overseeing the planning, development and construction process, from conceptual idea to completion, for an approximate 150,000 square foot senior housing campus in Southern California.
For many years, WFZ also served as the primary corporate General Counsel for a major university healthcare system (with numerous hospitals, clinics, real estate holdings, and affiliated non-profit and for profit entities). In this role, WFZ’s duties included:
- Advising on all corporate, contract, and business matters.
- Leading the negotiations, due diligence, and closing of various acquisitions and transactions.
- Making numerous presentations and advising the Board of Directors and Officers for all of the various entities which comprised the healthcare system.
- California Broker's License (DRE# 2003235)
- California Lawers Association
- United States District Courts (Including all 4 California Districts)
- United States Tax Court
- California Association of Business Brokers (“CABB”)- Affiliate Member
- Keynote Sponsor – 2018 & 2019 CABB Annual Conference
- American Health Lawyers Association
- California Society of Healthcare Attorneys
Association Board of Directors/Committee Service
- CABB Ad Hoc Committee (2019) – “Legal Aspects of Business Brokerage”
- California Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Former Member of Board of Directors; Chair of Publications Committee
- California Assisted Living Association
- Former Member of Board of Directors; Treasurer; Chair of Finance Committee
- Co-Guest Columnist for USA Today article entitled, "We're Helping Other Infants Live"
- Former Co-Author: Quarterly "Topical Reports" summarizing new relevant case law for the California Health Law News (California Society of Healthcare Attorneys).
- Edited various articles for California Health Law News
- Author of "ZipLaw Zingers" Legal Updates
- Co-author of "Better Understanding Legal Compliance Issues" - Chapter 2 of CABB's 250 course - "Legal Aspects of Business Sales in California"
Mastermind Session Facilitator - “Ask the Attorney the Questions You were Afraid to Ask” - 2018 CABB Annual Conference
Mastermind Session Co-Facilitator – “Dealing with Difficult Landlords and Leases” - 2018 CABB Annual Conference
Presenter at the Seminar entitled “Ask The Attorneys” at the California Assisted Living Association Semi-Annual Spring and Fall Conferences, for a number of years.
Participant in a panel discussion entitled “Reassessing Integrated Delivery System for the New Millennium: The Winners and Losers” at the California Society for Healthcare Attorneys Fall Conference.
Moderator for the Seminar entitled “Elsa’s Ailing Back – Effective Managing Your Worker’s Comp Claims” at the California Assisted Living Association Spring Conference.
- Seminar presenter at numberous business broke meetings regarding all aspects of business sales and purchases.
- Speaker at various Chambers of Commerce, business groups. ect. on developing legal topics and challenges.
- Presenter - "What You Don't Know Can Hurt - Digging Deeper into the CABB Asset Purchase Agreement" - CABB Orange County Chapter Meeting - 2019
- Mediator/Participant - "Stump the Attorneys" legal panel discussion - 2019 CABB Annual Conference