Areas of William F. Ziprick's ("WFZ") experience over the past decades in the legal field include negotiating, structuring and preparing documentation for numerous multi-million dollar transactions (with several in excess of $100 million), as well as many smaller transactions, including:
- Strategic affiliations, acquisitions and sales, including extensive due diligence
- Real estate acquisitions and leases
- Sophisticated equipment purchase contracts
- Complex contract negotiations and preparation
- Numerous financing transactions, collectively in the tens of millions of dollars
WFZ’s experience also includes serving as a Co-Owner, General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer for a successful west coast real estate development/senior housing company and numerous affiliates, where his responsibilities included:
- Overseeing and directing the overall financial plans, operating and capital budgets, and all legal issues for the company and affiliates.
- Managing relationships with numerous lending institutions (including HUD & national and regional lending institutions), which included construction and permanent financing in excess of $70 million in the aggregate.
- Successfully negotiating and closing the sale of 12 senior living facilities along the west coast, which involved simultaneously obtaining the required approvals from numerous lenders and state regulatory agencies.
- Overseeing the planning, development and construction process, from conceptual idea to completion, for an approximate 150,000 square foot senior housing campus in Southern California.
For many years, WFZ also served as the primary corporate General Counsel for a major university healthcare system (with numerous hospitals, clinics, real estate holdings, and affiliated non-profit and for profit entities). In this role, WFZ’s duties included:
- Advising on all corporate, contract, and business matters.
- Leading the negotiations, due diligence, and closing of various acquisitions and transactions.
- Making numerous presentations and advising the Board of Directors and Officers for all of the various entities which comprised the healthcare system.